Based upon closed sales in the popular desert cities of Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells and La Quinta, December Property sales were 330, up 10.7% from 298 in December of 2010 and 34.7% higher than the 245 sales last month. December 2011
sales were at their highest level compared to December of 2010 and 2009. December YTD sales of 3,878 are running 7.9% ahead of last
year’s year-to-date sales of 3,594.
Based upon closed sales reported in the desert area mls, prices on properties priced between $600,000 and $700,000 in La Quinta, California are up:
The Median Sales Price in January was $650,532, up 0.1% from $650,000 in January of 2011 and up 1.3% from $642,500 last month. The
Average Sales Price in January was $655,177, up 0.3% from $653,333 in January of 2011 and up 1.0% from $648,750 last month. January
2012 ASP was at highest level compared to January of 2011 and 2010.
Why is now a great time to buy?
Here are 10 good reasons:
1. You can get a super deal. Prices are down 30 percent on average. They’re at a sustainable level
for people’s income.
2. Mortgages are cheap at an all time low… At 4.3 percent on average for a 30-year
fixed-rate mortgage, your costs to own are down by a fifth from two years ago and
won’t stay this way forever.
3. You can save on taxes. When you add up the deductions for mortgage interest and
others, the cost of owning can drop below renting for a comparable home.
4. It is yours along with pride of ownership. You can paint your walls orange if you
want, how many landlords will let you do that? Add value with upgrades, or
landscaping, add a pool and create more equity in your asset.
5. You can get a better home.
6. It offers some inflation protection. Historically, appreciation over time outpaces
7. It’s risk capital. If the economy picks up, you stand to benefit from that, even if you’re
goal is just to have a nice place to live.
8. It’s forced savings. A part of your payment each month goes to equity.
9. There is a lot to choose from. Now’s the time to find something you like and get it.
10. Sooner or later the market will clear. The U.S. is expected to grow by another 100
million people in 40 years. They have to live somewhere. Demand will eventually
Plus – IT IS still THE AMERICAN DREAM to own a home!
If you or anyone you know is thinking about buying or selling, please consider me your
Palm Springs Valley real estate resource. My goal is to maximize your investment,
deliver unmatched service and earn your business again.
Looking or Listing – Call Lori 760.831.1501
I am super excited to share the news – Coldwell Banker and I have just listed all the inventory at Point Happy Estates. These homes are an incredible value and quality throughout. We just finished filling the sparkling blue pools up last Friday, opened the sales office and now we and are open for business! Drop by the sales office or call me for a tour! You are going to love these. We are on the corner of Washington and Hwy. 111 at Point Happy Way.